Is your daily routine so busy and full of activities that it’s causing you stress and agitation? We’ve all heard of the health risks associated with too much stress, but how can you reduce that stress and find peace in your life?
To achieve a sense of peace, you can turn to the gift of meditation.
There are many benefits to meditation:
1. Stress reduction. Meditation is wonderful for reducing stress. You'll find that it helps you learn how to get away from the worries of life to a more peaceful state of mind.
· Just 10 minutes a day can make a huge difference by bringing peace and relaxation to your mind and body. A few minutes each day isn’t much, considering that the positive effects will last hours.
2. Improved health. Many studies have proven that meditation fosters vibrant health. Usually these health benefits, such as lower blood pressure and decreased risk of heart disease, occur because of the lowered stress levels.
· Physical problems are often a symptom of turmoil on the inside and meditation can help to overcome that turmoil.
3. Better control over your thoughts. Having negative thoughts from time to time is part of being human. Many people who are stressed don't believe they’re able to control what they think. The stress mounts, tempers flair, and before long arguments ensue. However, by bringing meditation into your life, it’s possible to control your thoughts and stop negative thinking as soon as it happens. This helps keep your mind at peace.
4. Happiness. Both peace of mind and happiness are true benefits of meditation. Everyone is seeking happiness in their lives, and when you’re able to find peace of mind through meditation, you’re also welcoming happiness into your life. By spending some time in personal reflection, you’ll gain a greater wisdom of your mission in this life, and you’ll be better able to appreciate all that you’ve been given, both good and bad. Meditation can help banish those negative thoughts that threaten your peace of mind.
5. Better concentration. As you meditate, you welcome peace and tranquility into your mind, which then affects how you live your life. When you alleviate the stresses in your life, you’re better able to concentrate on the things that are important, such as family or work.
· Continued meditation will help you expand your focus to multiple areas of your life.
Although meditation can provide peace in your life, it can be hard to make the time at first, but it’s easier than you think.
1. Simply find a quiet place in your home and allow yourself to relax and feel at peace for 10-15 minutes. You deserve those 10 minutes of peace each day!
2. Journal - grab your journal or make a handmade and draw, paint, collage. I have made a handmade Meditation Journal that I write my thoughts that come up in meditation, draw, scribble, inspiring quotes and gratitude.
3. Go for a walk - go for a walk out in nature, in the garden or to the park.
4. Dance - Put some music on and dance, feel the music and just move.
While there are plenty of positive benefits of meditation, it may take practice and perseverance to achieve them. Over time you’ll begin to experience this wonderful gift in your own life and you’ll be thankful that you did!
If you are looking for supplies to make your own journal we have kits!!! Click here or want something a little bit more check out our CMBC Calm box full of calming tools to start a meditation practice